Sunday 26 March 2017

Life

I sit here, a cup of coffee by my side,
and a cigarette burning between my
fingers as I stare at the sunlight
brightening my garden. I sit by the
back door and look up at the clear,
blue sky and a smile slips on my face.

Winter has been bid a farewell, and a
come back soon, and the sun has come
from behind the grey clouds. A bee
buzzes by me, hovering over the weeds
that have begun to grow between my
gravelled lawn. They seem happy.

My dog lays in the sun, bathing in the
warm rays that beam down to the ground
and she looks at me with a lazy glance.
I click my tongue and smile as she stretches
out. She’s too bright to look at, white in the
startling sun that seems to burn my eyes.

I let my glasses fall from my nose, and I
allow everything to become a blur. There’s
a brown shape, hopping across the pathway
to my gate, and I can only imagine it’s a wren,
or maybe it’s a female blackbird, finally
off to explore for food now that it’s warm.

I remain where I’m sat, smiling softly. The
sun beams are stunning and I can’t help but
smile wider. My feet are warm, probably
tanning slowly. The world is begin to
wake from a hibernation that comes
annually, and I feel like I am too.

Spring is here, and it’s time to celebrate.

It’s time for warmth.

It’s time for brightness.


It’s time for l i f e.

No comments:

Post a Comment