Friday 31 March 2017

Broken Halo

Currently Listening: Happier - Ed Sheeran

I can admit that I was happier with you
in my life. I'd light up with joy when you
finally messaged me back and my
friends saw it too. They were happy I had
someone in my life to help me animate.
Then things changed.

You broke away piece by piece. You hurt
me again and again and stood there,
saying you did what you did to stop us
from both being hurt. You stood there,
pretending to be a saint when my
reactions showed everyone you were
merely nothing more than a devil.

You hurt me again and again and then
had the audacity to act like a saint when
faced with your crimes against me. To
say that I was in the wrong for finally
getting angry and having a go at you
after being hurt for months on end.
You dared to.

And it left me feeling like I was nothing
but an angry mistake. I couldn't trust
those closest to me. I broke away and
said nothing. My friends asked me what
was wrong and I showed them the
screenshots of our conversation.
Anger brewed in them too.

My mother scowled when she heard what
happened between us. She was angry. I
began to feel like my reactions were okay,
that I was allowed to feel like this, even if
the majority of people sided with you.
I felt human again.

Recovery is hard and you dragged me
away from all the progress I had made.
It broke me down and made me feel
alien. You're attempts at ridiculing me
worked, until everyone found out.
People began to despise you for the
things that YOU had said.
And you dared.

You dared to say I was telling people with
the intent to make people hate you. I
didn't care what people thought about
you. My friends wanted to know what was
wrong and I told them my side of the
story. If they thought ill of you, then
perhaps, you should look at you own
actions.

You stand there and act like I'm the devil
when everything that happened came
from your actions and your words. The
things that happened between us was
because of you. I'm not saying I was
always in the right. I know I wasn't.
But don't paint me to be the devil
when you wear a shattered halo on
your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment